Justice
Binod Kumar Roy
Chief Justice bungalow,
Chief Justice bungalow,
M
G Road, Guahati -781001 (Assam)
Phone ; 2540445 2540123 (O)
2600911, 2600922(R) Fax 0361 – 2604122
(By Fax & Speed Post)
DO No CJS/GHC/100-05 ; May 6, 2005
Phone ; 2540445 2540123 (O)
2600911, 2600922(R) Fax 0361 – 2604122
(By Fax & Speed Post)
DO No CJS/GHC/100-05 ; May 6, 2005
Dear Brother Chief Justice,
This is in relation to the judgment dated
February 14, 2005 in CWP No 6916 of 2004 (Niraj Sharma V. Union of India and
others) which was pronounced and signed in Court No 1 by Hon’ble Mr Justice
Surya Kant and Me, which is the Chief Justice’s Court of Punjab & Haryana
High Court, after exchange of their drafts. After we had delivered our
judgments, a copy thereof, on my direction for our records was handed over to
each of us by Mr N. C. Kinra, who was the court secretary of my Court and the
entire records of the case were sent by Mr Kinra on that very day to the
secretary of Hon’ble Justice Suarya Kant, as per practice, as told to me by Mr
Kinra as it was he who had delivered the main
judgment. The law as I know is that after delivery of their judgments, the
judges become functus officio in the case and for any correction or addition
in the delivered judgments the cases are required to be listed in the cause
list and then only any correction or addition can be made in the Court in presence
of the parties.
2. A couple of days ago, I came to know of
passing of an alleged post script order bearing dated Fenruary 14, 2005 of Hon’ble
Mr Justice Surya kant in CWP aforementioned of which I was not made aware by
him till today. I do not know as to when it was prepared, which was not
pronounced in court by him on February 14, 2005.
3. I had left Chandigarh around 10 AM of
Tueday dated February 15, 2005 to join as Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court
and I had remained Chief Justice of
Punjab & Haryana High Court till about 10 AM of February 21,2005, when I
took oath as Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court.
4. As my silence may be misconstrued, I
consider imperative in the interest of Justice on my part to clarify the facts
and make the records straight, hence, this letter even though I had nothing to
do with the affairs of your High Court on my becoming Chief Justice of gauhati
High Court.
5. I further think that it would be
expedient in the interest of justice that this letter is kept on the record of
the aforementioned CWP. I hope and trust that you will direct its placement on
the record of the said CWP.
With
regards
Yours
sincerely,
(Binod
Kumar Roy)
Hon’ble
Mr Justice D. K. Jain,
Chief
Justice of Punjab & Haryana High Court,
Chandigarh
(UT).
Placed
before me by the RG at the residence. As desired, be kept on the record of CWP
6916/2004 SD/- DK Jain CJ/ 6/5/05 8.30 PM.
AR
(W) / 7/5/05 DR (J) /AR (Writs) 957/DRJ
/7.5/05 (2 copie)
Sent
for compliance to W-15 sd/ 7.5.05.

No comments:
Post a Comment